Monday, December 15, 2014

Welcome Back!

Lots of exciting new adventures! This is my attempt to catch up with months of not blogging. Let it begin! I'm leaving the photos small in the post, but you can click on them to view them larger.

I'll start out with a photo of a hummingbird from this past summer that I recently edited.


I finished the summer off with a few night sky photos.



This fall I had some wonderful luck birding. The first photo is a belted kingfisher in front of the ferry, followed by a bald eagle catching a coot. A snowy owl came for a short visit, they are always welcome here! And a great blue heron was perched on some rocks offshore.





Yesterday this red-tailed hawk perched in a tree right above me.


A common merganser from yesterday.


A hooded merganser put on a wonderful show! They are relatively rare for this region, and this one swam within 15 feet of the platform. He also had a successful fishing attempt, and spent some time cleaning off and splashing around.




And some mallards were getting ready for duckling season! Followed by a fight between two of them.




A nice sunset is always welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Love your photography! And the last one of the sunset is impeccable. Wow!

    ReplyDelete