Saturday, March 1, 2014

Why Photography?

Why photography?

If you haven’t noticed by now, I focus mostly on nature and wildlife photography. I believe that the natural world is crucial to our humanity – to be out of touch with nature is to be out of touch with a part of who we are. What we gain from nature has far more implications than what meets the eye. As a society we have cured countless diseases, found new sources of food and energy, and discovered new technologies (there’s actually a whole field of bioengineering) – all from observing nature. Photography allows me to slow down and observe facets of nature I may not see otherwise, and allows me to capture what I see for my own artistic vision and to share with you.

Some say that a photo is worth a thousand words, I say that a photo is worth a thousand stories, each open to a multitude of interpretations. In a sense, photos are bounded by the light captured at any particular moment, but in other ways, photos inspire unlimited creativity. It’s funny how I am so captivated by photography now, as for the longest time I never even wanted a camera. When I started hiking more something inside of me changed, and I started seeing compositions in nature. There is just something about nature that I wanted to capture in a photograph to live on forever. Getting outside inspires and motivates me in all aspects of my life.

Today I strive to produce only the highest quality images in order to best represent my artistic vision. I am constantly expanding my vision with new subjects and compositions, along with the stories that each bring. I encourage you to join me as I explore nature through various lenses. Feel free to bookmark or share this blog, and if you have any questions or comments feel free to add to the comments section.

Thanks for reading,
Tyler Hartje


No comments:

Post a Comment