Saturday, April 26, 2014

Earth Week - Closing Thoughts...

An ancient proverb goes like this, "We didn't inherit the land from our fathers; we are borrowing it from our children." Our earth is fragile, and there is a constant balancing act of managing our own needs with the needs of other organisms we share the environment with. As earth week comes to a close, I encourage you to think about the environment when making your own decisions. When I'm out in the field, I use long lenses to minimize my impact on the birds and wildlife I photograph, and I stick to established trails to minimize the damage caused to vegetation. For me, sometimes giving up the perfect photo in exchange for the well being of my subject is necessary. Thanks for joining me this earth week as I explored various aspects of the earth, from the birds and wildlife that live on it to the landscapes and ecosystems that they (and we) depend on. Below is a compilation of all my photos of the day, along with the surprise video. If you haven't checked out the video yet, I highly recommend it! Feel free to click on any photo to make it larger.

I recently updated my blog layout, making it simpler to subscribe via email. I also added a popular posts section on the right hand side of the page, which should make it easier to find my best and most popular works!

Thanks for all your interest and support (and passion for nature photography!)
Tyler


Sunday, an Introduction...




Monday, Birds!




Tuesday, a Surprise Video! (Earth Day)




Wednesday, Wildlife!




Thursday, Landscapes!




Friday, Oceans!



No comments:

Post a Comment